So I finally made a wearable version of this bodice. I don't yet have a name for the pattern, or rather, I have several and just haven't made up my mind. Originally I intended it to be a peplum shirt, which can be taken as a reminder to always test your pattern pieces before you sew them up. It turned out very fitted throughout, meaning it's probably not the best choice for a thanksgiving dinner, but I kind of like it anyway.
Here's the back, which could have stood for a little less length, I see that now.
Those wrinkles aren't going to stop me from wearing it, but they could have been avoided. Though this shouldn't be a problem with a looser skirt, since the waistband doesn't actually sit below my waist. I'm actually quite pleased with the zipper insertion here, I tried lining up the zipper based on the waist seams, and I think it worked.
I already have another, made up in true peplum style with a half-circle skirt. Peplum. Peplum skirt. Whatever you call it. Soon to come may also be a dress version in a gorgeous Dutch wax print I found at Affordable Textiles.