On sewing progress:
I am about 75% of the way through my sister's dress, though I've hit a bit of a roadblock. Namely, the neckline is being weird, and it's really bulky fabric so I'm a bit stumped. I think I might cut the whole thing a bit lower and just bias bind it with knit fabric. We'll see how this turns out.
Simultaneously, I have been wrestling with my own dress, turned skirt, turned top. I cut the whole thing too big, scrapped the bodice, then scrapped the skirt and I'm playing with the leftover fabric. I refuse to let this become a UFO.
Lastly, undeterred by this clusterf**k of epic proportions, I am getting excited about Halloween. I acknowledge that I probably don't have time to make a full costume (my magic mermaid fairy princess suit will have to wait another year, *sniff*). So, I've decided upon the Wiksten Tova dress in some sort of halloween-y quilter's cotton. I wish I had the photoshop skills to make this look prettier, but here's the gist:
This for the main dress:
And this for the yoke: