Saturday, June 22, 2013

Picnic


 I made me a Picnic Blanket Skirt, with many thanks to Tilly for the tutorial. The fabric is some sort of light wool. The buttons had been sitting in my stash for so long, they were faded in patches; some are more pink, some almost ivory, and I quite enjoy the effect.


Blur. My camera isn't all that intelligent. 


Paired with a Pink Floyd tee for some edge. Styling this at age twenty, you kind of have to step outside the social norms, but I still try not to stick out for my aggressive modesty. I mean really, it's no wonder girls don't wear skirts at all anymore, you can't even buy anything longer than mid-thigh! And riding the subway to school, I am ever-conscious of those Marilyn Monroe moments, so I barely wear loose skirts at all. I never knew skirts could be easy to wear until I started sewing for myself. And as an added bonus, this goes far down enough that I no longer have to sit on my thighs in a plastic desk chair when I attend summer courses.

And I leave you with a sneak preview of my project at the moment; none other than the shiny new Colette Hawthorn! Get excited!


[Listening to I Could've Been Your Girl - She and Him]

4 comments:

  1. Very nice and I love the fit. https://www.facebook.com/SassySewingBees

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your picnic blanket skirt! It's one of my favorite patterns out there that I still haven't made up. Soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks guys! It was a super-fun project to put together.

    ReplyDelete